Skip to content
  • Home insurance for Methodist minsters image of congregation outside church

Home Insurance for Methodist church officials

Your activities and responsibilities as a Methodist church official may mean that the cover you need is not adequately met by many standard home policies. That’s why our extended Home Shield policy provides you with all the protection you would expect from a quality home insurance policy plus much more.

With Home Shield, you can be confident in the knowledge that your policy will cover you as you discharge your duties. There is no charge for the additional cover and Methodist church officials are also eligible for the extra discount in premium available to all church members.

As a Methodist church official, in addition to the standard policy cover listed below, if you insure buildings and contents, you will also benefit from:

  • Additional protection for liability arising from church meetings or other church events taking place in your home or garden.

  • An increased limit of £5,000 on personal belongings for guests who visit your home on church business.

  • Cover for property (£10,000) or money (£2,500) belonging to the church whilst in your possession.

  • Church trustee indemnity insurance (£5,000) relating to your position as a trustee or officer (or former trustee or officer) of a Methodist Church, Circuit or District.

  • Travel insurance for any trip made as an individual (but not as part of a church organised group) on church business in the UK.

  • Inclusive Home Emergency Cover *, access to our rapid response team of approved contractors ready to repair damage to your home in an emergency.
    * Unfortunately Home Emergency Assistance cover is not available in the Republic of Ireland. 

Personal Money – If you insure contents your personal money will be covered automatically.

Portable Possessions – the policy can cover your valuables and personal possessions whilst they are away from the home.

Students – Up to £5,000 cover extended to include possessions of children temporarily living in student accommodation in any one period of insurance.

Liability – the policy covers you for damages and legal costs if you cause accidental bodily injury or accidental damage to property, including injury to any domestic employee.

Touring Caravans and Boats – if you own a touring caravan or a boat your policy can cover that too.

Buildings and Contents – your buildings and contents will be covered against damage from a wide range of causes including fire, explosion, storm, flood, falling trees, malicious persons, subsidence, escape of water, vehicle impact and theft.
Automatic cover will also be provided for household removal, accidental damage to underground services (including the cost of clearing blockages), glass and sanitaryware, personal computers and home entertainment equipment.

There will be cover for replacement of keys/locks, tracing and repairing leaks, accidental loss of oil or water and freezer contents. Trees and shrubs and items moved to the garden are also included.
You can also extend the policy to cover accidental damage to your home and contents.

Talk to our team

Charitable donation

Take out your contents and or buildings policy with Methodist and we’ll give you back 20% of your first annual premium to donate to the charity or organisation of your choice.

Levels of Cover

To make certain that you're never underinsured, you should review the value of your household contents and your property whenever you renew your policy.

Product summary downloads

You can now download a summary of the main features provided by our standard Home Shield policy.

Methodist Insurance PLC (MIC) Reg. No. 6369. Registered in England at Beaufort House, Brunswick Road, Gloucester, GL1 1JZ. Methodist Insurance PLC is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, Firm Reference Number 136423.