Church insurance administration
19 August 2019
Our Church Shield policy made simple.
Documents you will receive
- Church Shield policy booklet - this document contains the terms and conditions of your policy.
- Church insurance policy schedule - separate pages with specific details for your church. The policy schedule and policy booklet should always be kept together.
- Employers’ Liability Certificate - to be displayed in your church or made available in electronic form.
Change of correspondent
Please make sure you let us know if the correspondent for your church is changing. We’ll need to know the name, address, phone number and email address of the new correspondent.
When to contact us
If you are holding activities which are out of the ordinary, it is advisable to call us and check your church is covered. Find out more about when you need to contact us.
Cover for Methodist churches
- Church buildings and pipe organs - including fixtures such as pulpits, pews and fonts.
- Contents and personal effects
- Accidental damage and theft
- Money - loss of money belonging to you or for which you are responsible.
- Losses following theft by officials - this can also cover any auditors fees incurred.
- Employers’ liability - to protect against liability claims from employees and volunteers following an accident.
- Public liability - £5million with the flexibility to amend upon request.
- Legal expenses insurance - including legal fees, compensation awards or appeal costs arising from a wide range of legal disputes.
- Church tours - cover for you and anyone travelling on a church tour within the British Isles.
While your insurance is there to protect you against the unexpected, it does not cover you for damage caused through lack of maintenance. Carrying out routine church maintenance will help to keep your Methodist church in a good state of repair.