Protecting your home in an emergency
31 July 2019
What would you do if a pipe burst in the middle of the night? Our home emergency cover gives you access to our rapid response team of fully-qualified and approved contractors.
Keep our helpline number handy and one of our rapid response team will come to your assistance. By fixing the problem quickly, we hope to reduce the impact of the incident and the inconvenience for you.
What is a home emergency?
A home emergency is an incident at your home which is sudden, unexpected and requires immediate corrective action to:
- prevent any damage or further damage to your home
- make your home safe and secure.
Home emergencies include:
- roof damage which may cause further damage to your home
- plumbing and drainage issues
- failure of the domestic power supply
- sudden failure of your main heating system
- making the home secure
- loss of use of toilets
Damage caused by wear and tear cannot be covered. Please read your Home Shield policy booklet
for a full list of the cover and exclusions.
Home emergency cover
- In the event of an insured home emergency, you can call our rapid response contractors to fix the problem before it gets worse e.g. fix a burst pipe before it causes water damage to your home.
- We will pay up to £750 for the call-out, labour, parts and materials (including VAT) for each repair and there is no policy excess to pay if you use it.
- Home emergency cover is included in your annual premium unless you live in the Republic of Ireland (sorry, this service is currently unavailable in the Republic of Ireland).
What to do if you need to make a claim
When you become aware of a possible claim you need to call us immediately and notify us of your claim via the Methodist Insurance Home Emergency claim line on 0345 268 8470. This cover is arranged in conjunction with DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited.